Merry Christmas! With “Mulled Wine Chocolates” from Yauatcha recipe
We are happy to be able to add even more pleasure to your Christmas time with this lovely recipe from Yauatcha. Big thanks to the Yauatcha/Hakkasan team for sharing it with us. To you instead we wish a merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year. We will be back in January!
Makes 70 pieces
500g Red wine
100g Cherry puree
50g cassis puree
15g caster sugar
50g orange juice
1 Orange (zested)
2 whole cinnamon stick
2 whole star anise
2 pinch ground nutmeg
2 pinch ground clove
1 pinch ground ginger
- Gently crush the cinnamon sticks and star anise.
- Place all the ingredients into a pan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Allow to cool keeping the spices in to infuse.
Mulled wine ganache
260g Mulled Wine (strained)
70g Whipping Cream – Elle et Vire
270g Cacao Barry Mexique
80g Cacao Barry Alunga
90g Unsalted butter
- Place the chocolates with the trimoline into a thermomix jug.
- Place the mulled wine into a pan and bring to the boil, pour over the chocolates in the thermomix and place on a gentle speed.
- Place the whipping cream into a pan and bring to the boil, add into the thermomix and mix for 1 minute until a smooth ganache is formed.
- Gradually add in the softened butter and mix for 2-3 minutes until well emulsified.
- Line a ½ gastro tray with cling film, pour the ganache into the tray and allow to set and crystallise overnight.
200g Cacao Barry Excellence 64%
150g Cocoa butter
Tempered for dipping
1kg Cacao Barry Excellence 64%
- Prepare the brushing mix by melting together gently in the microwave.
- The next day, demould the ganache and place onto a chopping board. Cut into 22mm squares.
- Temper the Excellence and dip in the squares of ganache, top with a festive transfer.