COCO LIMA DE COCKSPUR “EL COCOTERO” by Ramon Morató
q.s.Fleur de Cao™ 70% cocoa dark couverture
q.s.Cocoa powder Plein Arôme
- Temper the dark couverture to 30º or 31ºC approximately.
- Line silicone hemisphere molds with a very thin layer.
- Keep aside until filled with the coconut cream.
300gFresh lime juice
- Combine the lime juice and zest and place over a heat.
- Sprinkle with the sucrose mixed with the NH pectin and alginate.
- Bring to a boil, leave to cool and store in refrigerator.
ICED COCKSPUR RUM
38gsyrup (water and sugar in equal ratio)
- Combine the water and rum, add the syrup and store in the freezer.
- Cut into flakes to be used with the dessert.
500gcoconut purée, thawed
- Dissolve the xanthan gum with the coconut purée and process with a hand blender.
- Add the grated coconut and make sure the mixture has a temperature of 20ºC.
- Dissolve the gelatin sheet, previously hydrated in a small quantity of the base coconut.
- Fold in the semi-whipped cream and fill the chocolate hemispheres.
- Once jellied, scoop out the core as if it was a coconut. Store in the freezer.
S/Q Kataifi pasta
- Unmold the coconut hemisphere and coat the outside with the chocolate, dust with cocoa powder to give a coconut-shell effect.
- Pipe a lime jelly button in the middle.
- Finish with the iced rum and some grated lime. Serve immediately.
Read more about this dessert and about Ramon here.