ZEPHYRIUM by Geoffroy Maillard (Head chef at La Table d’Eugene)
INGREDIENTS CACAO BARRY
ZephyrTM White Chocolate 34%
Mycryo® Cocoa Butter
Recipe for 10 people
Thick white chocolate cream
– 300 g of whipping cream – 75 g of egg whites – 450 g of ZephyrTM 34% – 50 g of Mycryo® Cocoa butter – 175 g of whipping cream
Make custard with the cream and egg yolks. Once it is cooked, add in the ZephyrTM white chocolate 34% and the Mycryo® cocoa butter. Leave to rest for 12 hours. Whisk the mixture with the whipping cream and put it in an icing bag.
– 550 g of water – 2,5 g of agar – 200 g of sugar – 6 g of sorbet stabilizer – 1,5 g of xanthan gum – 75 g of scented geranium leaves
Cook the syrup and let it boil for 5 minutes.
Cool to between 20 and 30°C, add the scented geranium leaves.
– 125 g of egg whites – 125 g of sugar – 125 g icing sugar
Make a French meringue. Spread on Silpat® baking sheets, sprinkle with freeze-dried raspberries and bake at 95°C for 1-1/2 hours.
– 7.5 cl of Gewürztraminer – 30 g of water – 10 g of sugar – 2.2 g of agar
Cook the emulsion for 3 minutes. Cool, mix and pour into a pipette.
– 150 g of milk – 355 g of cream – 40 g of peppermint leaves – 30 g of sugar – 170 g of ZephyrTM white chocolate 34% – 150 g of mascarpone
Leave the milk, cream and peppermint leaves to infuse in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Mix and filter. Heat the mixture, add the sugar. Once it is boiling, add in the ZephyrTM white chocolate 34%. Combine with the mascarpone and put into a siphon.
Zephyr white chocolate 34% bar
Temper the chocolate and leave to set on a plastic sheet, then score to obtain thin white chocolate shavings.
Put the white chocolate cream into a piping bag and pipe dots of various sizes on the plate.
Use a silver dessert spoon and some very hot water to make elegant oval-shaped scoops of geranium sorbet. Roughly break up the meringue and white chocolate and arrange on the plate.
Use a pipette to fill some white raspberries with the Gewürztraminer gel.
Put the peppermint mixture into a siphon and decorate the plate.
Scatter some geranium and nasturtium flowers to add a touch of nature.