Soya-yuzu praline by Ramon Morató (presented at UK& Ireland WCM)
For all who have enjoyed it at UK & Ireland preselections for World Chocolate Masters organised by Cacao Barry as a sweet record and for all others (just) a sweet inspiration – the sublime praline by Ramon Morató, the Creative Innovations Leader for Cacao Barry.
500 g Kikkoman soy sauce
100 g glucose syrup (DE 44)
100 g sugar
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Simmer on a low heat.
- Concentrate to 75 ºBx or until a pipeable texture is achieved.
- Next mix equal parts with the DE 60 glucose syrup and reserve.
360 g yuzu juice
2 g milk protein
80 g invert sugar
80 g glucose syrup (DE 60)
120 g dextrose
1 g salt
900 g Cacao Barry Alunga milk chocolate couverture (40% cocoa)
230 g anhydrous butter
- Dissolve the yuzu purée with the milk protein, sugars and salt. Bring to approximately 30 ºC.
- Separately, melt the couverture and the anhydrous butter at 45 ºC.
- Incorporate the liquid in the couvertures and ensure a uniform emulsion.
As req. Cacao Barry Ocoa dark couverture chocolate (70% cocoa)
As req. Cacao Barry Zephyr™ white couverture chocolate (34% cocoa)
- Prepare the mini-cob praline moulds by spraying them with tempered black edible paint, metallic silver colouring and red edible paint. Pour the mould with white couverture.
- Place a dot of soy reduction at the bottom, then the yuzu truffle at 30 ºC.
- Cover with plastic film and wait for a few hours until the filling has crystallised fully.
- Cover with tempered Ocoa dark couverture chocolate (70% cocoa).