Lapsang Souchong Black Tea and Whisky Bonbon by Ramon Morató
We owe you two of Ramon’s recipes from UK & Ireland preselections for World Chocolate Masters. Here is one of them.
Ingredients for approximately 8 “Berlingot” moulds
230 g Water infusion of Lapsang Souchong smoked tea
2 g Milk protein
100 g Benromach Organic Scotch Whisky 43% ABV
80 g Invert sugar
80 g DE 44 glucose syrup
100 g Dextrose
3 g Salt
900 g Origine Ghana milk chocolate couverture 40.5% cocoa
230 g Anhydrous milk fat
- Prepare a hot infusion of 500 g of water and 45 g of Lapsang Souchong smoked tea. Filter after 4 minutes.
- Mix the milk protein in the infusion once cooled, add the whisky, the sugars and the salt.
- Pour over the mixture of couverture and anhydrous milk fat, previously melted at around 45ºC.
- Emulsify correctly and pre-crystallise at around 28ºC.
- Measure out into the moulds and store.
S.Q. Cacao Barry Origine Ghana milk couverture 40.5% cocoa
S.Q. Cacao Barry Ocoa dark chocolate couverture 70% cocoa
S.Q. Dark chocolate paint
S.Q. Powdered gold colouring
- Pre-crystallise the dark chocolate paint and, using a chocolate spray gun, thinly coat the “Berlingot” mini-bonbon moulds.
- Then sprinkle on the powdered gold colouring and mould the Origine Ghana milk couverture 40.5% cocoa.
- Measure out the truffle into the moulds, leave to crystallise for a few hours and seal the base with Ocoa dark couverture 70% cocoa.
- Remove from moulds and store.